TERMS OF SERVICE
THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS ON WHICH TABLETRIBES OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITES, PLATFORM AND SERVICES:
We may update the Agreement at any time. When we do, we will revise the “Revision date” at the top of this Agreement, and you may view the most recent version at http://www.tabletribes.com/terms/. It is your responsibility to review the most recent version of the Agreement frequently and remain informed about any changes to it. By continuing to use the Platform, you consent to any updates to this Agreement. This version of the Agreement supersedes all earlier versions, and comprises the entire agreement between you and TABLETRIBES regarding the Platform. By accessing or using the Platform, you accept this Agreement and any modifications that we may make to this Agreement from time to time. If you do not agree to any provision of this Agreement, you should not use the Platform.
Our Platform provides our users with a variety of resources to facilitate organizing of groups, and creating of a network
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our Platform (as defined in Section 6.1) and your submission of acceptable Public Information (as defined in Section 4 (“Your Information”)). You also agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
2.1 Eligibility. Our Platform is available to all individuals who are at least 18 years of age. Our Platform is not available to any temporarily or indefinitely suspended TABLETRIBES users. By registering to use our Platform, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. We have the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your use of our Platform and refuse any and all current or future use of all or any portion of our Platform.
2.2 Password and Security. When you complete our registration process you will create a password that will enable you to access our Platform. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all liability and damages resulting from your failure to maintain that confidentiality and all activities that occur through the use of your password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security. You agree that TABLETRIBES cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 2.2.
- Fees and Payments
3.1 General. Access to our websites and use of selected features of our Platform is free. We may charge fees for various premium features and services that we offer, and we will notify you of those charges at the time that we offer you the premium features or services for a fee. We may, in our sole discretion, and by notifying you on our website, change this policy and begin charging for access to our website and other features and services, and we may, in our sole discretion, add, remove or change the features and services we offer or the fees (including the amount or the type of fees) we charge at any time. If we introduce a new service or charge a new fee, we will establish and notify you of the fees for that service at the launch of the service or start of charging a new fee. If we notify you of new fees or change the fees for an existing service, you agree to pay all fees and charges specified and all applicable taxes for your continued use of the applicable service. We are not responsible for any charges or expenses you incur resulting from being billed by us in accordance with these Terms of Service (e.g., overdrawn accounts, exceeding account limits, etc.).
3.2 Consent to Disclosure. You acknowledge and agree that TABLETRIBES may disclose Your Information (as defined in Section 4) if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:(a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us or our website, (b) enforce this Agreement, (c) respond to claims that Your Information violates the rights of third parties; (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of TABLETRIBES, its employees, users and the public; or (e) enable the transfer or sale to another entity of all or substantially all of our stock or assets in the line of business to which this Agreement relates, or upon any other corporate reorganization, subject to the promises made in this Agreement. We also may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or that we believe may expose us or you to legal liability.
- Your Information
4.1 Definition. “Your Information” is defined as any information post or other material you provide (directly or indirectly), including through the registration process, or through the use of our Platform, in any public message board (including the personal introduction section of each topic group, or paid services of the TABLETRIBES website) or through email. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your Public Information (as defined below).
Any of Your Information that, through the use of our Platform or otherwise, you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of our website is referred to as “Public Information” (your name (if provided) and location are considered Public Information); any other portion of Your Information shall be referred to as “Private Information.” “Publicly accessible” areas of our website are those areas that are available either to some or all of our members (i.e., not restricted to your viewing only) or to the general public.
You should understand that your Public Information may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs (including data feed tools) and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
4.2 Restrictions. In consideration of your use of our Platform, you agree that Your Information:
- (a) shall not be fraudulent;
- (b) shall not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- (c) shall not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- (d) shall not be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- (e) shall not be obscene or contain, pornography, child pornography, or photographs of unclothed person(s);
- (f) shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- (g) shall not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- (h) shall not link directly or indirectly to any materials to which you do not have a right to link to or include.
In addition, you agree that you will provide us with your valid, current email address, both at the time of your registration with us and from time to time as your email address changes.
- Use of Platform
5.1 Control. You, and not TABLETRIBES, are entirely responsible for all of your Public Information that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via our Platform. We do not control your Public Information or the Public Information of or posted by other users and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Your Information or the Information of or posted by other users. Nor do we endorse any opinions expressed by you or other users. You understand that by using our Platform, you may be exposed to information that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. We do not have any obligation to monitor, nor do we take responsibility for, Your Information, Public Information or information of or posted by other users. You agree that under no circumstances will TABLETRIBES its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, consultants, agents, advisers, affiliates, subsidiaries or its third-party partners be liable in any way for any information, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in Your Information or the Information of or posted by other users, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of Your Information or Information of or posted by other users posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available in connection with our Platform, or for any failure to correct or remove information.
5.2 Grounds for Removal, Sanction and/or Suspension. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the following types of actions are cause for immediate removal, repeal and/or suspension or termination of your account:
(a) The use of our Platform to (including, without limitation, eligibility requirements):
(i) harm or intimidate another person in any way, including restricting or inhibiting any other user from using our Platform;
- (ii) impersonate any person or entity (including TABLETRIBES, TABLETRIBES staff and other members), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through the use of similar email addresses, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device;
- (iii) disguise the origin of any Public Information that is transmitted to any third party;
- (iv) “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- (v) advertise merchandise, auctions, services or commercial websites, including offers to trade or charitable solicitations unrelated to the topic or spirit of the TABLETRIBES Group or TABLETRIBES Everywhere;
- (vi) resell Public Information or access to Public Information;
- or (vii) collect or store personal data about other users;
(b) Posting any Public Information or other material:
- (i) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, profane, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy (including the posting of private emails or contact information about another individual), hateful, or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, including any Public Information or other material that may be considered hate speech;
- (ii) that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature;
- (iii) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- (iv) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or rights of publicity or privacy;
- (v) that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation (including, but not limited to, “spam,” “junk mail,” and “chain letters”);
- (vi) that is inappropriate, posted in bad faith, or contrary to the spirit of TABLETRIBES;
- (vii) that uses the Platform primarily as a lead generator or listing service for another website;
(c) Encouraging others to violate this Agreement;
(d) Refusing to follow TABLETRIBES staff instruction or direction;
(e) Violation (intentional or unintentional) of this Agreement, or of any applicable local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
(f) Disclose the Private Information of any member of TABLETRIBES without the permission of that member; or
(g) Transmit money to TABLETRIBES or any Organizer or Creator or Host through financial accounts that are stolen, fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized.
Also, your posting of other inappropriate actions, Public Information or other materials may also warrant removal and/or suspension from our website. TABLETRIBES reserves the right to remove any post or other material without warning or further notice.
While we prohibit such conduct and content, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such conduct or content and that you use the Platform and attend TABLETRIBES Meetings at your own risk.
For purposes of this Agreement, “posting” includes uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available. Without limiting the foregoing, TABLETRIBES and its designees shall have the right to remove any Public Information or other material that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
5.3 Interference with Platform.
You agree that you will not:
(a) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any computer routines, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(c) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or
(d) copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or publicly display any information displayed on our website (except for Your Information), or create derivative works from our website (other than from Your Information), to the extent that such action(s) would constitute copyright infringement or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of TABLETRIBES or any other third party, except with the prior written consent of TABLETRIBES or the appropriate third party.
5.4 General Practices Regarding Use of Platform. You acknowledge and agree that we may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of our Platform. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the storage or the deletion of, or the failure to store or delete, any of Your Information. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to log off users who are inactive for an extended period of time. In addition, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Meetings at Venues
6.1 TABLETRIBES Meetings. Through our Platform we provide tools that enable our users to arrange physical meetings (a “TABLETRIBES Meeting” or TABLETRIBES Gathering) at venues that include, but are not limited to, public parks or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or retail stores). We do not supervise these TABLETRIBES Meetings and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals at these TABLETRIBES Meetings. As a result, we have no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are present at these TABLETRIBES Meetings, and we request that our users exercise caution and good judgment when attending these TABLETRIBES Meetings.
6.2 Release. Because we do not supervise or control the TABLETRIBES Meetings or interactions among or between members of TABLETRIBES Meetings and other persons or companies, and because we are not involved in any way with physical transportation to or from TABLETRIBES Meetings or with the actions of any individuals at TABLETRIBES Meetings, and because we do not control Amazon.com, PayPal, credit card companies or other payment processing companies, and because we cannot guarantee the true identity, age, nationality of Platform users, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Platform you agree that you bear all risk and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) and Organizers and Creators or Hosts and their designees from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Platform, your Third Party Transactions, our resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, a TABLETRIBES Gathering. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. You waive and relinquish all rights and benefits which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California or any similar provision of the statutory or non-statutory law of any other jurisdiction (including without limitation the states of Missouri, Delaware and Pennsylvania) to the full extent that you may lawfully waive all such rights and benefits.
- Communications from TABLETRIBES and Members of the TABLETRIBES Community
7.1 TABLETRIBES Communications. You understand that certain communications, such as TABLETRIBES service announcements and newsletters, as well as offers of sponsorship or promotion relevant and beneficial to you, are part of our Platform. By using our Platform, you expressly agree to receive such communications from TABLETRIBES.
7.2 Use of Pop-up Windows. TABLETRIBES will not launch pop-up windows to advertise third-party products or services.
7.3 Other Users. We do not control the information provided by other users, which is made available through our system. You may find other users’ information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. Please use caution and common sense when using our website. Please note there is a risk that you may be dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
We may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because we have no control over such websites or resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You also acknowledge and agree that TABLETRIBES shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resource.
- Dealings with Marketing Partners and Third Parties
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, marketing partners or other third parties found on our website or through our Platform, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such marketing partner or other third party. You agree that TABLETRIBES shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such marketing partners or other third parties on our website or located through the use of our Platform.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and third-party partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of your representations and warranties or this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, your use of our Platform, Your Information, your violation of any law, statute, ordinance or regulation or the rights of a third party, your participation in a TABLETRIBES Meeting (whether the claim or demand is due to or arising out of your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other users at TABLETRIBES Gatherings). Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and third-party partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Warranties; Liability
12.1 Disclaimer of Warranties. Your use of our Platform is at your sole risk. Our Platform is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We specifically disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We disclaim any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, and performance of our Platform. We disclaim any warranties for any information or advice obtained through our Platform. We disclaim any warranties for services or goods received through or advertised on our Platform or received through any links provided by our Platform, as well as for any information or advice received through any links provided through our Platform.
In addition, no advice or information (oral or written) obtained by you from us shall create any warranty.
You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of our Platform at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data.
12.2 Limitation of Liability. You agree that in no event shall TABLETRIBES be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if TABLETRIBES has been advised of the possibility of such damages), arising out of or in connection with our Platform or this Agreement or the inability to use our Platform (however arising, including negligence), arising out of or in connection with Third Party Transactions or arising out of or in connection with your use of our Platform or transportation to or from TABLETRIBES Gatherings , attendance at TABLETRIBES Gatherings, participation in or exclusion from TABLETRIBES Gatherings and the actions of you or others at TABLETRIBES Gatherings. Our liability to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to the greater of (a) the amount of fees, if any, you pay to us in the twelve (12) months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) $100.
12.3 Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or of incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the limitations in this Section 12 may not apply to you.
- Dispute Resolution
13.1 Process. The parties will attempt in good faith to resolve through negotiation any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement including the documents it incorporates by reference, your use of our Platform, Your Information, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or your participation in TABLETRIBES Gatherings (whether the dispute, claim or controversy is due to or arising out of your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other users at TABLETRIBES Gatherings). In the event that the dispute, claim or controversy is not resolved by these negotiations, the matter will be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (a.k.a. “JAMS”), or its successor, for mediation pursuant to Section 13.3, and if the matter is not resolved through mediation, then it shall be submitted to JAMS, or its successor, for final and binding arbitration pursuant to Section 13.4. Nonetheless, legal action taken by TABLETRIBES to collect any fees and/or recover damages for, or obtain an injunction relating to, our website operations, intellectual property or our Platform, shall not be submitted to mediation or arbitration except as otherwise agreed to in writing by TABLETRIBES. In addition, either you or TABLETRIBES may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a Court of competent jurisdiction in Wilmington, Delaware necessary to protect the rights or property of you or TABLETRIBES pending the completion of arbitration.
13.2 Negotiation. Either party may initiate negotiations by providing written notice in letter form to the other party, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The recipient of such notice will respond in writing within fifteen (15) business days with a statement of its position on and recommended solution to the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved by this exchange of correspondence, then representatives of each party with full settlement authority will meet in person or otherwise at a mutually agreeable time and place within thirty (30) business days of the date of the initial notice in order to exchange relevant information and perspectives, and to attempt to resolve the dispute.
13.3 Mediation. Either party may commence mediation by providing to JAMS and the other party a written request for mediation, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The parties will cooperate with JAMS and with one another in selecting a mediator from JAMS’ panel of neutrals, and in scheduling the mediation proceedings. The parties agree that they will participate in the mediation in good faith, and that they will share equally in its costs. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the mediation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, experts and attorneys, and by the mediator or any JAMS employees, are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including impeachment, in any arbitration or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the mediation. Either party may initiate arbitration with respect to the matters submitted to mediation by filing a written demand for arbitration at any time following the initial mediation session or forty-five (45) days after the date of filing the written request for mediation, whichever occurs first. The mediation may continue after the commencement of arbitration if the parties so desire. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the mediator shall be disqualified from serving as arbitrator in the case.
13.4 Arbitration. The parties agree that any and all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement that are not resolved by their mutual agreement by negotiation or mediation under Sections 13.2 and 13.3 shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration before JAMS, or its successor, pursuant to the United States Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sec. 1 et seq. Either party may commence the arbitration process called for in this Agreement by filing a written demand for arbitration with JAMS, with a copy to the other party. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect at the time of filing of the demand for arbitration. The parties will cooperate with JAMS and with one another in selecting an arbitrator from JAMS’ panel of neutrals, and in scheduling the arbitration proceedings. The parties covenant that they will participate in the arbitration in good faith, and that they will share equally in its costs.
13.5 Enforcement. The provisions of Sections 13.3 and 13.4 may be enforced by any Court of competent jurisdiction, and the party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to an award of all costs, fees and expenses, including attorneys fees, to be paid by the party against whom enforcement is ordered.
13.6 Notice; Waiver. By agreeing to this Agreement you have, except as otherwise specified in Section 13.1, all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement decided by negotiation, neutral mediation and/or neutral arbitration as provided in this Section 13, and you are giving up any rights you might possess to have those matters litigated in a court or jury trial. Also, by agreeing to this Agreement you are giving up your judicial rights to discovery and appeal except to the extent that they are specifically provided for under this Agreement. If you refuse to submit to arbitration after agreeing to this provision, you may be compelled to arbitrate under federal or state law. Your agreement to this arbitration provision is voluntary.
13.7 Dispute Resolution By TABLETRIBES for the Benefit of Users. We may try to help TABLETRIBES members resolve disputes. We do so in our sole discretion, and we have no obligation to try to resolve disputes between users. To the extent we attempt to resolve disputes, we will do so in good faith based solely on the general rules and standards of the Platform, and we will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims.
We reserve the right at any time or times to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any portion of our Platform with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of our Platform.
- Termination; Breach
You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, remove content or information you have posted, or terminate your account, or your ability to use all or any portion of our Platform (including any APIs), for any reason, including, without limitation, (a) for lack of use, (b) if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or the documents or agreements it incorporates by reference, (c) if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or (d) if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users or us. You agree that any termination of your account or access to all or any portion of the Platform under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or our Platform. You also agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your use of or access to all or any portion of the Platform.
- Trademarks; Copyrights; Proprietary Rights
16.1 TABLETRIBES’s Trademarks. TABLETRIBES trademarks and service marks, and other TABLETRIBES logos, products and service names, are trademarks of TABLETRIBES Inc. (the “TABLETRIBES Trademarks”). Except as otherwise permitted by law, you agree not to display or use in any manner the TABLETRIBES Trademarks without TABLETRIBES’s prior written consent.
16.2 Copyrights and Trademarks of Others. TABLETRIBES respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. To the extent TABLETRIBES uses a trademark that is the property of a third party, TABLETRIBES shall provide clear notice to anyone viewing TABLETRIBES’s use of that trademark that (a) TABLETRIBES does not own the trademark and that the trademark is the property of a third party, (b) TABLETRIBES has no affiliation, connection or association with that third party, and (c) if applicable, that third party has not approved or sponsored TABLETRIBES’s use of the trademark in any way. We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, remove, or disable access to, material that infringes on the rights of others, and terminate access to our Platform to those who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information: 1.an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; 2.a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; 3.a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; 4.your address, telephone number, and email address; 5.a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; 6.a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Our Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
16.3 Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that our Platform contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You also acknowledge and agree that content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through our Platform or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as consented to by TABLETRIBES or advertisers in writing, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on our Platform, in whole or in part.
- No Resale
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of TABLETRIBES’s Platform, use of the Platform, or access to the Platform for any sales of goods or services, or promotion of a company, good, or service unrelated to the topic or spirit of TABLETRIBES.
- Additional Terms
18.1 Notices. Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement or as expressly required by local law, any notice to us shall be given by email to email@example.com, and any notice to you shall be given to the email address that you provided us during the registration process. Notice shall be considered given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid.
18.2 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and TABLETRIBES, superseding any prior agreements between you and TABLETRIBES. To the extent that you have previously registered with TABLETRIBES and provided Your Information, this Agreement now governs how TABLETRIBES may use Your Information, whether provided in the past or the future.
18.3 No Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship between you and TABLETRIBES is intended or created by this Agreement.
18.4 Governing Law. Except as expressly provided in this Section, (a) this Agreement and the relationship between you and TABLETRIBES shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of laws provisions, as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Delaware between Delaware residents, and (b) you and TABLETRIBES agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Delaware.
18.5 Assignment. You agree that this Agreement, all rights herein, and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by TABLETRIBES, in our sole discretion, to one or more third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of TABLETRIBES’s assets, or similar transaction.
18.6 No Guaranty. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Platform, and operation of our website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control.
18.7 No Waiver. TABLETRIBES’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision and does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
18.8 Severance. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, you and TABLETRIBES nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
18.9 Survival. Sections 4.3 (License), 5.3 (Interference with Platform), 6.2 (Release), 11 (Indemnity), 12 (Warranties; Liabilities), 13 (Dispute Resolution) and 18.4 (Governing Law) shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
18.10 Limitation. You and TABLETRIBES each agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of our Platform or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
18.11 Titles. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Disclosures; Violations
The Platform offered under this Agreement is offered by TABLETRIBES Inc. Please report any violations of this Agreement by sending a notice of the violation to TABLETRIBES by email as follows:
* * *
By indicating during registration that you have read and agreed to this Agreement, you are agreeing that you have read and understand this Agreement and agree to all of the terms of this Agreement, including Section 13 which provides that, except as otherwise specified in Section 13.1, all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall first be dealt with through negotiation and mediation and if the dispute is not resolved shall then be submitted to binding, neutral arbitration.
1. Information Collection
• 1.1. We collect the following information about you and your use of our Platform in order to create a better, more personalized experience for you:
◦ 1.1.1. a nickname selected by you or assigned by us, your email address, your name (if provided) a password selected by you, your zip code; and
◦ 1.1.2. for each TABLETRIBES Group or TABLETRIBES Everywhere in which you participate, you may choose to create and store a short description or statement which will be viewed by anyone who is accessing that TABLETRIBES Group or TABLETRIBES Everywhere, and your message board postings.
◦ 1.1.3. for purposes of this Policy, “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that could be used to identify your personally (such as your email address or IP address), which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website or in messages you send to your TABLETRIBES Group Mailing Lists or TABLETRIBES Everywhere emails.
• 1.2. We automatically track certain basic information about our members (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc.). We use this information to do internal research on our members’ usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behavior to better understand and serve you and our community.
• 1.3. We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. For example, we use the services of partners to help us deliver and measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Platform. To do this, we and our partners use third-party tracking technologies such as web beacons, pixels and cookies on this Platform and on other websites and online services. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URL you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our service. We use these technologies for authentication, tracking user sessions, preferences, and movements around the Platform, anonymous and aggregated marketing analytics, performance analytics, ad retargeting, and tracking aggregate trends on the Platform. No information shared with our partners through cookies and related technologies is directly linked to your Personally Identifiable Information. If you wish to opt-out of these website analysis tools, you may do so here and at the sites listed in Section 4B below.
• 1.5. We may collect information such as postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our website. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Section 2.
2. Use of Information
• 2.1. We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site’s content, layout and Services. These uses improve our site and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
• 2.2. We may compile the information we collect about you and use it, in an aggregate form only, in the negotiation and establishment of service agreements with public and/or private enterprises under which such enterprises will serve as TABLETRIBES partners or as venues for meetings between our members (“TABLETRIBES”).
• 2.3. We may use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate your correspondence with us or photographs submitted for publication on our website, be it via email, postings on our website, or feedback via member polls. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Section 3.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
• 3.1. Opt-in requirement. WITHOUT YOUR AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT (ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS), WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED AS DESCRIBED BELOW UNDER “REQUIRED DISCLOSURES”. TO THE EXTENT WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OUR PARTNERS AND ADVERTISERS, WE SHARE ONLY AGGREGATED OR OTHERWISE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT LINKED TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Aggregated information that we may share with our marketing partners includes, but is not limited to, information showing the relative popularity of one TABLETRIBES venue over another, or the popularity of certain TABLETRIBES topics.
• 3.2. You should understand that information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of our website, or through the use of our Platform (including your name (if provided) and location information) may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
• 3.3. Required disclosures. Though we make every effort to preserve member privacy, we may need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website, (b) enforce this Policy or the Terms of Service Agreement, (c) respond to claims that your Personal Information violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of TABLETRIBES, its members and the public. You authorize us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
4. Communications from TABLETRIBES and Members of the TABLETRIBES Community
• 4.1. Communication from TABLETRIBES and Members of the TABLETRIBES Community are governed by Sections 7.1 and 7.2 of our Terms of Service.
5. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information
• 5.1. After registration for our Platform and for specific topic groups, we provide a way to update your Personally Identifiable Information. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases. To make this request, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon our receipt of your request, we will deactivate your account and remove your Personally Identifiable Information as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. Nonetheless, we will retain in our files information you may have requested us to remove if, in our discretion, retention of the information is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or to enforce the Terms of Service Agreement. Furthermore, your information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints (for example, we will not remove your information from our back up storage).
6. Notification of Changes
• 6.2. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying you and our other members of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email you and other members who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
• 6.3. If the change to this Policy would change how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, then the change will not apply to you without your affirmative consent. However, if after a period of thirty (30) days you have not consented to the change in the Policy, your account will be automatically suspended until such time as you may choose to consent to the Policy change. Until such consent, your personal information will be treated under the Policy terms in force when you began your membership.
• 6.4. Any other change to this Policy (i.e., if it does not change how we treat your Personally Identifiable Information) will become are effective after we provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice of the changes and provide notice of the changes as described above. You must notify us within this 30 day period if you do not agree to the changes to the Policy and wish to deactivate your account as provided under Section 5.
7. Dispute Resolution
8. Contact Information
• 8.1. If members have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact TABLETRIBES at email@example.com.